Information and instructions for online admission, registration, fee payment as well as Financial Aid and FAFSA is available at MTEC. Lisa Moore, Center Director, is available to assist you through these processes. Whether you are a current or prospective student, you are encouraged to use the Center’s computer lab to submit admission and Financial Aid applications as well as to register for classes. You can also receive information about degree programs offered at the Center and preliminary advising about degree requirements.
More information about resources provided to you as an MTSU off-campus student can be found on the Off-Campus Resources web site. Some of the learning resources provided include access to Smarthinking and the online services provided by the University Writing Center. Smarthinking is a free 24/7 tutoring service in several educational areas including assistance with writing assignments. The University Writing Center provides a live chat feature and offers a service for a longer online appointment with a tutor.
From the off-campus web site you also have access to online tutorials on how to use D2L, MTSU’s course management system, MTSU email, RaiderNet, etc. In addition the MTSU Help Desk 615-898-5345 is manned by the Information Technology Division and can assist you with technical problems over the phone. It is open 24 hours a day/7 days a week (except for University holidays).
Other offices provide services that can be easily accessed.
- The Career Development Center is designed to assist individuals with resume writing, career interests, and interviewing skills. These services can be accessed online through the Virtual Career Center.
- Counseling Services provides several online services such as self-assessments and health screenings. The web site also provides crisis and emergency phone numbers and provides educational information on common issues facing college students.
- Financial Aid provides information, tutorials, scholarship applications, and forms online so that students can apply for financial aid without coming to the main campus. Financial Aid staff are available to help off-campus students via email and phone.
- Disabled Student Services offers a wide variety of services to students with disabilities including providing readers, offering testing accommodations, and acting as liaison to University departments. Disabled Student Services Office can and will offer the same accommodations to the off-campus/distance learner as they would their on-campus counterparts. When students cannot physically come to the Disabled Student Services Office for an intake interview with doctor’s documentation of their disability, the process is done via email and/or telephone. Therefore, off-campus students can request accommodation through DSS and receive accommodations at their off-campus location.
- Phillips Bookstore provides students with online book orders. Other merchandise, such as computers and supplies and MTSU clothing/gear are also available. When/if students find difficulties finding their books or any school supplies they are encouraged to contact the Off-Campus office at (615) 898-2121 for assistance.
In addition to services provided at MTEC or provided online, as an off-campus student you also have access to the office, events and services provided on the main MTSU campus. The Evening School office stays open extended hours and on Saturdays to assist students who cannot come to campus during regular business hours.
If you are a graduate student, there are many services provided by the College of Graduate Studies and are available on-line at http://www.mtsu.edu/graduate/ including admission applications, application status, change of name forms, degree plan, intent to graduate forms, and important dates. Off-campus graduate students may contact their Graduate Studies Analyst via email or phone for assistance.
Student Services at Motlow College
MTSU Lady Raiders Head Basketball Coach Rick Insell and Assistant Coach Alex Fuller welcome visitors to MTEC's celebration of education in Shelbyville (August 2, 2012).
Motlow State Community College's MTEC Advisor Tracey Harden (R) welcomes Dr. MaryLou Apple (L), Motlow's President, during one of Dr. Apple's MTEC visits (May 30, 2013).